Columbia Water & Light Municipal Utility
Phone: (573) 874-2489
Headquarters: City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, 4th Floor, Columbia, MO 65201
Available Efficiency Programs:
The Home Performance with Energy Star program is designed to bring your home up to Energy Start standards. Residents who participate in the program can finance energy efficiency improvements through CW&L’s rebates and loans. To participate in the program, a certified contractors must assess the home, which can cost about $200-$400.
If participating in the program, customers can also receive up to $1,200 in rebates for the energy efficiency upgrades listed below:
- Replacing windows & doors: Up to $500
- Adding insulation: Up to $500
- Reducing air leakage: Up to $420
- Reducing ductwork leakage: Up to $300
- Efficient heat pump: $200 (plus air conditioner/heat pump rebate of up to $1,600
Residential electric customers participating in the Home Performance with Energy Star program can finance the suggested energy efficiency improvements. For a single family home the maximum loans is $15,000 and interest rates from 1%-5%.
Click here to learn more.
Heating and cooling make up the biggest expense in your household energy budget. If your cooling system is older than 10 years, you have frequent service problems, and/or you see your utility bills going up, it is time to consider installing a new unit. Install a more efficient system and get a rebate from $50 to $1,600 depending the SEER rating.
To see the full list of available rebates go here.
This rebate is for insulation improvements to residential electric customers who may not be eligible for home performance rebates.
- Rebates are available up to $450.
- Attic space must be less than 900 square feet.
- Rebate amount is based on the starting R-value of insulation (prior to updates).
To see if you qualify, follow this link here.