About Renew Missouri Homes
The Missouri Department of Natural- Division of Energy resources established a state certificate for high-performing homes and invited Renew Missouri, a 501(c)(3) focused on clean energy policy, and Pearl Certification to assume management of that certificate and lead development of the supporting program. Renew Missouri Homes is the programmatic result of that partnership.
The Renew Missouri Homes program launches in key Missouri cities on October 1, 2022 and builds upon the existing Pearl Certification and Renew Missouri networks to:
- Help Missouri homeowners find contractors who can improve the quality of their homes;
- Certify Missouri homes with an official state certification if they meet the program’s energy efficiency standards;
- Make homes with a Missouri Certification available on an online registry to support proper valuation;
- Create a market infrastructure for improving Missouri homes and ensuring they are properly valued by recruiting high-quality contractors, real estate agents and appraisers to support these high-performing homes;
- Connect homeowners with rebates and efficiency programs by zip code.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: A high-performing home is a house that sets a high bar for comfort, durability, indoor air quality, and lower energy use. A high-performance home incorporates sustainable, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly products. Overall, a home with high-performing features are energy efficient, use near net-zero energy, use less water, and yet are more comfortable and healthier to live in than conventional homes.
A: Pearl Certification aggregates industry partners such as contractors, real estate agents, and appraisers, to deliver a network designed to uplift high-performing homes. Pearl Certification is a nationwide company that works to certify energy efficiency homes.